SUMMER SKINCARE & BEAUTY MUST HAVES


Hello guys! Who's excited and ready for it to be summer soon? I couldn't be more ready! I finally switched out my closet clothes from winter to summer. Til now, we've still had cooler mornings and nights but the weather is slowly starting to get warm and stay warm towards the evenings. Just like the clothes for seasons, it's the same routine for me when it comes to my makeup. As soon as warm weather comes, I start using different makeup items that could withstand sweating and my face getting more oily throughout the day. I have oily/combination skin so a lot of the products that I tend to buy actually specify the skin type they're meant for. Keep on reading if you'd like to check out the items I use to keep my skin fresh and glowing while keeping the oil under control. 


Olay Complete All-Day Moisturizer for Combination/Oily Skin w/ SPF 15
    So this is very important because for two reasons. One, it has SPF. SPF helps protect your skin from the sun. Second, it's meant specifically for my skin type because of it's lightweight and non-greasy formula. It's hydrating my skin while protecting it and it's nice to know that while wearing makeup, I won't get a sunburn and damage my skin. It also smells great, doesn't have a sunscreen smell and not over powering. 

Covergirl Trublend Matte Made Transfer Resistant Foundation
    This foundation has been one of my favourite foundations for the last couple of months! It's so easy to apply on(I love to apply it on with a beauty sponge), it's buildable and made with oil-free formula. As soon as it's on the face, it doesn't move around and boy it feels good to be able to get dressed and not have foundation smears all over the collar of clothes! Haha! It has a pump applicator and a great range of colours for everyone's skin. Colour I use is L10 Fair Porcelain.

Huda Beauty Nymph Body Highlighter
    So this is for all my girls that love that body glow during the summer! There's nothing like having the sun shine onto your skin making you glow like a goddess! It can also be used to highlight the collarbone and shoulders.  If you'd like to be bronzed or if you have darker skin, go for the darker colour which is Aurora. The middle shade is Aphrodite which is what I have. It gives me a nice glow while bronzing up my fair skin quite a bit. The lightest colour is Luna. Great for highlighting or if you have lighter skin. 

Covergirl Exhibitionist Waterproof Mascara
    Now waterproof mascara is a must pretty much for any time of the year. Whether it's raining, snowing, it's super windy out or you're sweating, you need mascara that won't smudge or transfer onto the lower lashes. This mascara has been one of my favourites because of the wand, which catches and applies mascara onto EVERY lash and it's so painless to remove it with waterproof makeup remover(my favourite is Garnier Micellar Water-the one with the blue lid.)      

Maybelline Fit Me! Loose Finishing Powder
    During the summertime, the face tends to get quite sweaty so setting your makeup is essential if you don't want to be looking like a hot-greasy-mess. My favourite way to set powder is to use a beauty sponge and dab the powder in my T-zone; nose, underneath the eyes, forehead and chin. Let the powder sit for 5 minutes and then dust it towards the rest of the face, to set the foundation in place. The powder helps soak up any oil that appears on the face throughout the day.     
 
 Natasha Denona Sunrise Eyeshadow Palette
    This palette has the perfect shades for summertime. All the warm/neutral matte and shimmer shades. I love it so much and it's an eyeshadow palette I use throughout the year. Whether you're new to makeup or an expert. Blends effortlessly!
 
E.L.F. Cosmetics Booster Drops Antioxidant 
    So the booster drops are filled with antioxidants which protect your skin from free radicals which damage and stress your skin cells. Antioxidant booster drops enhance your beauty/skincare products to help reduce pigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles. I like to use booster drops before my moisturizer or together with moisturizer. It feels smooth and amazing on the skin!


I hope you have an amazing day and thank-you for visiting Let's Get Ready Blog.