Meet My Fur Babies!

Happy Sunday and I hope you're having a great day! It's been unbelievably warm here the last couple of days which makes me super happy! I've been able to buy plants in bulk, re-plant them into planters we already have. While shopping for plants I ended up picking up two new hanging baskets +  3 Tier Plant Stand from Walmart! My fur babies have been trying to get into them and sleep but that's definitely not what they're meant for so I had to quickly plant things in them. Haha. 
Now let's get into what this post is about. My fur babies!
As I'm typing up this post, Shay's currently curled up in my lap on top of a blanket. She's so cute and cuddly(when any blanket is around, otherwise she won't really cuddle on me. Haha.) She's very weird like that. Every fur baby has their own personality, just like when you have your own children, you get to know what they're like. I love them more than I love myself. I'm sure if you have pets and you love them unconditionally, you know what I mean and most likely you feel the same way. We used to have three fur babies; a mom and her two kittens from two different litters. Sadly, the oldest daughter, Cocoa, got sick and we had to let her go after she was fighting for her life for about four days. It got to the point where her heart couldn't beat because she was so weak and she kept crashing at the vet hospital. It's been two months but still feels like it happened yesterday(I still get pretty emotional about her, hasn't gotten any easier.) Now we have two fur babies Pepper(mom) + Shay(youngest daughter), making every day unique, filled with happy moments. Time to meet them and see the cutest pictures I have of them!

Shay




She's a funny, cuddly, boss of the household leopard striped kitty. Ever since she was a kitten, she knew what she wanted and she wasn't afraid to get it. If she wanted the spot that Pepper was sleeping in, she would walk over to her and sit on top of her. It doesn't sound funny but I promise you, it was definitely funny to see. As soon as Pepper wasn't a fan of it, she left the spot and found another one. There were moments where Shay wanted to get groomed by Pepper so she would budge her head under Pepper's and lift it upward a little bit letting Pepper know what she wanted. Haha. Even when it came to food and a certain bowl. She wanted it, she would go near it and budge whoever was near it and take that food bowl over and the other fur babies would have to go find different bowls of food that were set out for them. (When you have more than one pet, you learn that each of them need their own bowl otherwise they'll start fighting for food.) Every time I put my hand down, Shay would come over, nudge her head up towards my hand to get petted. Her purrs and meows are so cute! 

Cocoa



So this is Cocoa. (How cute is she?!) She was my first kitten, she taught me everything about being a fur mama. She always loved cuddling and she loved chasing pom poms. I'd find my socks missing, they ended up being where she usually loved to play or sleep, with a few holes in them! Haha. She would carry my socks around, meowing and purring. As soon as I would look at her, she'd drop the sock and just stare at me. She was my tuxedo baby. People say black cats are bad luck but having her around me was the best thing. I feel like having her around brought me the best luck and whenever people would come visit me, they would be afraid of her crossing their path but I let them know that if they choose to visit and come over, they need to accept her. I'm very protective of the things I love. It's definitely hard to think about her and what her life would've been like now but I couldn't let her be in pain anymore and she left me with some of the best memories of her. I will forever love her and when the day comes, I'll meet her in heaven. Losing pets is tough so if you've ever lost a pet or a loved on, I'm sorry for your loss, but keep in mind, they're in a better place and you'll see each other when it's the right time. Before we get to Pepper, there's one last funny thing that I wanted to mention about Cocoa. Her favourite places to sleep included top part of couches, layers of blankets, empty laundry baskets and in the closet underneath my clothes. Haha. I'll just leave it there, with good memories and thoughts.

Pepper

Pepper is my most loving and attention seeking lady! No matter where I go, she's there, right behind me. Every time I go up the stairs, down the stairs...etc, there's no privacy with her, she'll even follow into the bathroom. Haha. I'm sitting on the couch watching tv, you bet she's sleeping right next to me, pressing her body against me, making sure I'm still there and haven't left. The moment I'm up and ready to go, so is she. If she wants attention and she wants me to know, while I'll be standing still, she stretches up and claws my leg with her front paws and meows. Or I'll walk past her and she'll put one of her paws out to try and stop me. She loves belly rubs, chin and ear rubs. 

These girls make every day special and worth cherishing. They taught me so much and continue teaching about being a fur mama. There are definitely difficult times with them but they're worth it. They love watching birds and chasing each other around the house and play fighting. I love them unconditionally. Next addition to the family will be a puppy. We're in between deciding which puppy we'd like to get. It's between a German Shepherd or a Golden Retriever. Both are good with cats but my husband and I can't decide on the dog yet. Haha. We have a house now and a big enough backyard to run around. When the time comes, it'll be a great addition to our growing family. 
I really hope you enjoyed getting to know my fur babies. There's videos and photos of them on my Instagram, you can check it out here. There's highlight stories named CocoaShayPepper.
Thanks for all the continued love and support.