Leftover Candy Blondie Recipe

Hello & Happy Monday! 

Ever since this quarantine happened and I had to stay home, I've been cooking a lot more in my new kitchen in my new home. If you'd like to read a little bit about the house and why we bought it, you can check that post here. So my daily routine has included a lot of time spent in the kitchen so I decided to search pinterest for delicious snacks and meals. I came upon this recipe that used leftover candy and let me tell you, I have chocolate candy laying around in my kitchen from Easter and from when my mom was visiting last winter. My mom lives in Russia and at least once a year she tries to visit us here in Canada and she brings gifts. One of her gifts is candy, lots and lots of chocolate candy. This was the perfect opportunity to make something delicious and use some of the candy.




















Leftover Candy Blondie Recipe
Ingredients
1 Cup of All Purpose Flour
1/2 Tsp of Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp of Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp of Salt
1 Cup of Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
1/3 Cup of Butter (unsalted + melted)
Parchment Paper or Aluminum Foil (what's available in your pantry)
Spray Oil (to coat the parchment paper)
1 Cup of Leftover Candy (chopped into small/big pieces-your preference)

Directions
-Before starting any mixing of ingredients, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
-Mix dry ingredients-(flour, baking soda & salt.) I usually use a fork, if you're more comfortable using a whisk, that works too. 
-In a separate bowl, whisk the egg til blended. I prefer to use my Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer. Makes mixing wet ingredients easy and effortless. Next, add the rest of the wet ingredients- brown sugar, vanilla and melted butter. Mix until smooth.
-Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir only until blended. I use the Flat Beater Accessory on my Kitchen Aid.
-Now the fun part! Add the chopped candy. I had a lot left over from Easter and I recently started Intermittent Fasting so I limit myself on any sweet treats. 
-Line a 2QT  baking dish- parchment paper or tin foil will work. I like using the parchment paper for any baking. In an 8x8 glass pan, make the parchment paper piece a little longer so it hangs over the handles of the pan. That way, removing it from the pan will be much easier. Spray the parchment with oil or you can use soft butter with a brush. 
-Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Keep checking on it every now and then, making sure the top is light brown. That's when you know it's ready. If it needs more time, just add a minute or two until done. Depending on the oven you have, rotating the pan halfway could be an option to make sure all sides are cooked evenly.
-Remove from the oven and place onto a cooling rack. If you like warm desserts like me, wait until it's warm, then cut into small squares and add ice-cream. If not, wait until it's fully cool, cut into small squares and enjoy!
-Knowing my husband, this would go perfectly with ice-cream and/or a tall glass of milk.



I enjoy baking and being in the kitchen. Fresh fruit are always a great side to any baking, especially strawberries, blueberries, grapes and/ or raspberries. If you love cooking, definitely try this recipe and let me know how it turned out.




SHOP THE POST