36 Week Bumpdate!

Hello and welcome to this week's post! As you can tell by the title, this is my 36 week bumpdate and it's really crazy for me to wrap my head around the fact that this might actually be my last bumpdate before my sweet little bean arrives! It really can be any day, any week now!

So how have the last couple of weeks been since the last bumpdate?

Honestly, not too much has changed except for the bigger belly. Feels like overnight, baby grew double the size and my stomach popped out - especially when standing up. Every time I put my hands on top of my belly, it feels harder and it seems like baby has less and less room to move around in there. I guess it makes more sense when you think about it- since there's only 4 weeks left OR less! 

It also seems like acid reflux and exhaustion crept up on me overnight! I've checked with my doctor and she said all of those are normal, especially the acid reflux since baby is growing which causes more pressure on the stomach. There's times where it's barely manageable so I've been prescribed anti acid reflux medication to take once a day before a meal as there are other medications you can take that are available on the shelf but most of them are not safe during pregnancy and breastfeeding. If you're going through something similar during pregnancy, I definitely suggest talking to your doctor about what medications you can take- if you see medication on the shelf that you've heard about but aren't sure if it's safe for you while pregnant, ask and then you'll know for sure. I'm so cautious and paranoid about everything that I put into my body and whether it's safe for the baby.  

With baby almost being here, how are you feeling overall?

I'm definitely feeling ready for baby to be here but I also want them to stay in there until they feel ready to come into this world. There's still quite a lot of growing and developing that needs to happen in the 4 weeks ahead. 

WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO: To meet this sweet little bean and see who he looks like. I'm not sure what to expect but I've heard that there's this newborn phase for a month or so after the baby is born where there's lots of snuggles, bonding time, figuring out different noises that are being made and what they mean. I'm also looking forward to all of the cute pictures I'm going to take during every season, especially FALL & WINTER!

WHAT I'M LEAST EXCITED ABOUT: The sleepless nights- haha! I'm also not overly fond of the whole labor and delivery process, just thinking about it is giving me stress and anxiety. Just going through Braxton Hicks and having lower back pain is the reason I'm quite stressed about the whole thing - I'm not sure how I'll be handling the pain and don't want to seem weak in front of my husband. 

Are there any last minute things that need to get done? 

Yes! There's quite a few stuff that I've yet to do and I've been waiting until I got closer to my due date. Daisy, my 10 month old German Shepherd puppy has a vet appointment coming up in the next week and after, I plan to get Interior Cleaning done to my car. I've never had a professional clean done on the interior of my Jeep and before baby comes, I want to make sure it's clean and dust free. I know my car will get dusty before the arrival of my little bean but it'll be easier to clean/dust off and it won't be filled with a year of dust/dirt. I think this is part of 'nesting' which I thought I was through this phase because I'm not doing much of nesting lately but hey, I've gotten a lot of it done around the 30 week mark. Once the interior is clean, my husband will put the car seat and base in, then we'll be all set for baby to arrive. 

I also have an oil change that is a couple of weeks past due so gotta get on top of that because once baby is here, it's all about them and nothing will really be on my mind. 


I'd like to share tidbits from the past couple of weeks. 

-Yesterday my husband and I were able to get our Maternity pictures taken and from the previews that I've seen, they look incredible and I cannot wait to get my hands on them and make a Chatbooks Photo Book from them. 

-While shopping for dresses, I took a plunge on purchasing a jumpsuit for summer which I can currently wear while pregnant and after during postpartum period. I should've purchased another one, in the same color and others. Growing up, I've never really been into rompers or jumpsuits but getting older made me see them a different way, don't be surprised if you see me in this most of the summer/fall time paired with cardigans and Denim jackets during cooler days. 

-Reading stories to my little one has definitely gotten more emotional as we get closer to the due date. I can't get through some pages without crying and holding my belly, thinking of how it'll be once they're here. 

I cannot believe that my due date is 3 weeks away from today! I'm feeling excited, impatient, nervous and most of all, lucky to be able to go through this experience in life and welcome new life into the world.  

Thank you for stopping by Let's Get Ready Blog and I'll chat with you in the next blog post!