30 Week Bumpdate

Hey guys! Holy moly! I cannot believe 5 weeks has gone by since the last bumpdate! Baby is getting bigger, stronger and I'm loving all of the baby kicks and hiccups!


So how have the last couple of weeks been since the last bumpdate?

Well I believe in the last bumpdate I mentioned that I had a 3rd ultrasound booked because my family doctor was saying that the baby has been measuring big for 2 doctor appointments in a row and they needed to know why. I went to the ultrasound and everything is good! Baby is healthy, measuring in the 56th percentile which is average. As the baby is growing, the kicks and stretches are getting stronger, especially when I'm getting a foot stretched into my ribs. Ha! I've also been feeling the hiccups and I honestly find it so cute! I just wish the hiccups were in a different place, not in my cervix. My cravings are now pastries, cherry filled pastries. Which is definitely not healthy at all but I'd say I've been pretty good about eating healthy and it's also helped that my 1st & 2nd trimester cravings have only been fruit(mainly citrus, apples & pears) so I'm allowing myself to indulge it. The last thing I'll mention before moving onto the next question is I'm preparing to pack mine and baby's hospital bag and I'm realizing that the due date is coming up pretty quickly and I'm mentally trying to prepare myself. I've read & heard about how it's suppose to go and what to expect but I'm aware that things don't go as planned and that's the part that I'm freaking out about (also, labor & delivery during COVID could make it more stressful). I'm trying to stay positive and hopefully stay that way through the labor & delivery process. 


How's the nursery going?

The nursery is pretty much complete! We have the crib, dresser with change table on top and shelf for stuffies built! It feels so real every single time I walk into it or past it. We went for the woodland theme, I found my ideas for the nursery on Pinterest and I'm REALLY happy with how it turned out. It's actually better than I could have imagined it. We'll share it after the baby's birth. Th bedding still has to be washed but I'll do that when there's about 4 weeks left. I still have 9 more weeks to go til the due date and I feel like the time is flying by so fast! This is the bedding we went with for the nursery. Levtex Baby Bailey Crib Bedding Set 


Have you purchased more items for baby since last bumpdate?

I swear, every time I go into a store that has baby clothes, I leave with a few more additions to baby's closet. I am so convinced that the baby will wear all the outfits purchased since I'll be taking lots of pictures (I've heard that the newborn stage passes by so quickly and I'll want to remember it!). Plus, the clothes are so adorable and I've been waiting for years to have a baby and buy all the this cute stuff. The items below are the newest items we bought for the baby. Philips Avent Double Electric Pump/Playtex Diaper Genie/Vick's Sweet Dreams Air Purifier & Humidifier/Lillebaby Carrier 


How/has your fashion changed during pregnancy?

I've actually went on Amazon and purchased a couple of dresses that would be perfect for pregnancy & if you're not in this season in your life, those options are also perfect for you. The baby has grown more and I have a rounder belly - as the weather gets warmer, it's comfier to wear dresses just so I don't get too hot & it's not squeezing my belly (I've been running into this problem the last couple of weeks but I couldn't wear the dresses because of how cold it's still been here in Canada). Here are the dresses I ordered - some are from Amazon and others from Pink Lily Boutique. Linking them down below. Maacie Button Down Maternity Dress/Ouges Summer Floral Sleeveless Nursing Dress/Zilcremo Floral Loose Boho Dress with Pockets/Edjude Maxi Denim Dress/Santorini Striped Blue & White Maxi Dress/My Dearest Darling Blush Floral Maxi Dress/Daring Heart Ribbed Midi Taupe Dress/


Every day, I compile a TO DO LIST and most of the things on the list are ways to prepare myself and my home for the arrival of the baby. In the next week or two, I'm planning on packing mine and baby's hospital bag, washing the bedding, putting together the stroller + bassinet & nursing/changing cart. I'm happy to be in this season of my life but I'm impatiently waiting til this baby arrives and I can have my body and my lungs back so I can breathe normally. 

I do plan on having separate blog posts on What's In My Hospital Bag, What Stroller/Bassinet We Bought, What's In My Nursing/Changing Cart & Things I Did To Get Ready For Baby so keep your eye out for those!  

Thank you for stopping by Let's Get Ready Blog and I hope you have a great day.