What Was In My Hospital Bag and What I Ended Up Using?

*Originally written as I was 2 weeks away from my due date. Baby boy ended up making his arrival at 41 weeks. I'm planning on writing his birth story, just catching up on blog posts. This has still been requested and I'm hoping it helps all of you expecting mama's out there on what to bring and what to leave at home.*

Hey guys! We're about 2 weeks away from meeting our baby! It doesn't even feel real that in these short weeks we'll be parents. I've been very emotional just thinking about when he'll be here and we'll be able to hold him. I can still hear my sister saying "I cannot wait to pinch those cheeks!" The nursery is ready for the new arrival and I'm getting my hospital bag ready and baby's as well! These items are both what I'd like to bring and what other people recommend after they've had their babies. I'll be updating you guys on this same post on the items I've used and didn't use while in the hospital. I definitely plan on bringing more stuff for baby as I know myself and the fact that I'll be taking a bunch of pictures and I'd like to have different outfits prepared (if my body allows me to). I tend to over-pack but I feel like it won't be for me this time but for the little one. I have a separate bag for baby boy and a small rolling suitcase for myself as I'll also be packing the Boppy Pillow for feedings. Here are a few photos of what's in my bags, but read on for specifics and links.  

For Baby Boy

-Going Home Outfit (a variety of sizes since we don't know how small or big he'll be) *He ended up fitting into his newborn onesies! I found something similar to what he was wearing. 

-Swaddle Blankets (around 4 in case of accidents) 

-Socks, Mittens & Hats (in case he gets cold and mittens to prevent him from scratching his face. The hospital recommends to bring these) *We swaddled him pretty much the entire time so we only used the hats. Linking set of 3.

-Tommee Tippee Pacifier *We brought pacifiers with 2 different nipples and he favored the bigger nipple.

-Hello Bello Baby Wash *We bathed baby at the hospital but they provided us with Aveeno No Tear Baby Shampoo and Wash so we didn't use this.

-Formula (in case my milk doesn't come in) & Baby Bottles *Liquid formula was provided and they even sent a week's worth home with us. We've been loving the Avent bottles.

-Skip Hop Portable White Noise Machine


For Mommy

(CLOTHES & SHOES)

-PJ's (bringing more than 1) *Didn't use. With the amount of post-partum bleeding, I wanted them to last more than one time.  

-Robe *Didn't use. Mainly brought it for pictures but didn't end up taking any pictures. One of my regrets actually, to not take hospital photos with Rhett.

-Dark Coloured Light Material Dress/es for Going Home Outfit (bringing more than one in case of accidents) *I got this beautiful, lightweight, black dress from Walmart and even currently wearing it post-pregnancy. I love that it's non-maternity but can be worn if you are pregnant. 

-Slippers and Fuzzy Socks with Grippers *I didn't use these as I was barely getting out of bed with the tear I had post-delivery. 

-Shower Sandals *Used. Had cheap ones from Old Navy.

(POSTPARTUM)

-Nursing Bras and Nursing Pads *Ended up using both especially because breasts were sore once the milk came in and there was a lot of leaking. 

-Nipple Butter *Used. Hospital provided their own but since I brought my own, I decided to use it. It was also good to ask 

-3 in 1 Breast Therapy Packs *Didn't use. 

-Cooling Pad Liners *Didn't use. Hospital provided their own.

(TOILETRIES)

- Makeup Bag with Essentials *Brought but used only the mascara.

-Body Care Essentials (deodorant, shampoo/conditioner, shower gel)

-Prenatal Vitamins *Used

-Mini Micellar Makeup Remover Water *Used

-Toothpaste and Toothbrush *Used

-Cotton Swabs and Cotton Pads *Used

-Maternity Belt *Didn't use.


Miscellaneous Items

-Extra Long Phone Cord *Used

-Own Blanket and Pillow *Used

-Boppy Pillow Nursing Pillow *Used

-Video and Photography Cameras *Didn't use.


During Delivery

-Clear Fluid Snacks (like jello, popsicles, squeezie applesauce, Gatorade) *I was so excited to bring these, to pack exactly what I liked but when I was heading to the hospital, I was expecting to get sent home again so I didn't pack anything.