20 Week Bumpdate



Hey guys! Welcome to my 20 week bumpdate! I cannot believe I'm halfway there to meeting our baby! It still feels like it was yesterday that I found out that I was pregnant(I know I say this in every pregnancy post, but it's true and it still blows my mind that I'm expecting a baby in July!) My 20 week of pregnancy has been a rollercoaster of emotions, ranging from happiness to sudden sadness over nothing. The many adventures of pregnancy, haha!

How have the first couple of months of pregnancy been?
The first couple of months were hard; dealing with morning sickness which actually lasted all day, not just in the morning. Also, stomach cramps which are normal to experience during the first couple of months of pregnancy due to implantation of the egg. Finally, headaches due to hormones and blood rushing through the body. Now that I'm in my second pregnancy, I'm still dealing with casual headaches but baby kicks have replaced the stomach pains. 

How are you feeling? Any food cravings?
I'm halfway through my pregnancy and my emotions range from excitement to nervousness of being a good mom. I think it's a normal worry for women to experience as they become first time moms. I want to make sure I'm attentive but not too attentive, making sure my baby becomes more independent as it grows up. I'm excited about meeting my baby and seeing my husband as an amazing dad. I cannot wait to see what our baby looks like, whose features it has! Wish I had a little glimpse into how it looks like, even while it's in my belly at the moment. Ever since the first trimester, I've been craving a lot of fruit, especially sour fruit like oranges and grapes as well as pears. Now in my second trimester, those fruit cravings have subsided and I'm craving omelets with a variety of ingredients. It's funny because before pregnancy, I liked omelets but hated tomatoes in them, now, tomatoes are the main ingredient in the omelet!  

What have you purchased so far(mainly nursery as the gender hasn't been revealed yet except to family and close friends)?
So far I've purchased clothes for the baby like onesies and two piece outfits ranging from sizes newborn to 24months! I wasn't planning on getting clothes up to 24 months but the clothes/onesies I DID purchase came in a pack of 5 with a variety of sizes which I really appreciated and they were super affordable! While browsing through  the clothing racks other items I've purchased are a set of newborn hat & mittens to prevent baby from scratching it's face as well as baby blankets. 
Besides clothes and blankets for baby, main things that we've purchased for the nursery are Oxford Baby Sanibel Collection, (linking similar style by the same brand here). The mattress that will be used with the crib is Simmons 2 in 1 BeautyRest Tranquility Crib Mattress with Tencel which is breathable(I wasn't able to find the exact style to link for you so I'm linking a similar style by a different brand here which is just as good). On top of the mattress, we're going to use George Waterproof Mattress Pad(it's been so hard to find the items I've purchased to link for you guys but I'll always find similar items to link, here is a similar waterproof mattress pad by Sealy).
Now for the travel gear we've already purchased and received our car seat, stroller and bassinet! We were told it might be months before they get it in and everywhere else online it was sold out and out of stock! Luckily, it took less than a month for us to get the whole set. We ended up going with UppaBaby Vista collection! We love that all of the pieces (bassinet & car seat) are able to fit into the stroller base. And once we're at the point in our lives to have a second baby, there's a piece that you can add for the second child in the same stroller! 
Other items purchased are Levtex Baby Bailey 5-Piece Crib Bedding Set, Levtex Baby Bailey Musical Mobile and Woodland Animal Stuffies.

How/has your fashion changed during pregnancy?
I feel like this hasn't changed too much! I've always been more of a legging person, it's all about the stretchy comfort and it goes with almost everything! The surprising fashion style that changed during pregnancy is I'm more open and comfortable wearing tight fitted tops. Every now and then I love loose tops and sweaters. Before pregnancy I felt uncomfortable in fitted tops but I'm enjoying the different feelings about that now. 

Any changes to beauty/skincare?
Actually yes! I've even made a LikeToKnowIt post about it and shared it on my Instagram! I've changed my skincare items to the Neutrogena Hydro Boost line. The ingredients are pregnancy safe and the skin gets very hydrated. Here are the items I use daily, Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Eye Cream, Neutrogena Hydro Boost Facial Gel Cream, Neutrogena Hydro Boost Face Serum. To prepare the skin for the moisturizers I use Burt's Bees Rose Micellar Toning Water and Olay Mist Ultimate Hydration Essence Calming with Aloe Leaf and Chamomile.      

Alright, that's it for this 20 week bumpdate! Stay tuned for the next one at 25 weeks!