Eggplant Garlic & Tomato Rolls (Russian Traditional Dish)


Hey guys! As you can tell by the title, I've prepared a post about a Russian dish that I've loved cooking! Every New Years Eve, I'd cook these Eggplant Rolls for my family. They can be made with a lot of garlic or no garlic at all, depends how much you like/dislike garlic. I personally L-O-V-E garlic! The more, the merrier! I grew up in Russia and to this day, I love Russian cooking, which for some reason includes a lot of mayonnaise, which my husband isn't actually a fan of! (Funny how he ended up marrying a Russian gal! Haha.) This dish and recipe to it is super simple!
The longest part of this dish/recipe is cooking the eggplant slices. But I promise you, it's worth it! This is super delicious and simple! 



Ingredients
3 Eggplants
3 Tomatoes
7 Garlic Cloves
Mayonnaise
Cooking Oil
Salt

Directions
-Cut the eggplant length-wise, 1/2 inch thick. (My trick is to cut the eggplant in half lengthwise and each half cut into 3 pieces. Depends how big the eggplants are.)
-Next, cut the tomato on all four sides and thinly slice them length-wise, put in a separate bow and set aside. Throw the core out.
-Then, Mince 7 garlic cloves into a separate bowl. 
-Cook eggplant slices on a frying pan until both sides are soft and golden. Next to the frying pan set a plate or a cutting board with a thick layer of paper towel to soak up access oil.
-When all the eggplant is cooked, take one slice of eggplant and place it onto a cutting board/plate. Spread mayonnaise all over on side of the eggplant. Sprinkle a pinch of salt on top and add minced garlic, about 1/4 tsp or more, depending on your love for garlic. Add 1 slice of tomato on top of the garlic. Roll it up & enjoy!

Like I said earlier, delicious & simple!!!