Favourite Five: Kitchen Edition Must Haves


Hey! Hope you're having a good afternoon! It's been a few days of snow and strong winds! It's amazing to be writing this post, looking out the window to see birds and sunshine as well as get some cooking done. 
That is honestly what has been keeping me very busy (as well as still unpacking from the move) and sane. I've sat down and rounded up my favourite appliances that are key for me in the kitchen. This list has appliances for cooking and coffee making. 
Keep on reading to check the list out and see if any of your kitchen must-have item/s have made it onto my list.



As of lately, a lot of my time has been spent in the kitchen. First, because the kitchen is now located in the same area as the living room and there's no wall dividing the two areas. (It's pretty awesome actually. No episode or commercial is missed.) Second, since I haven't been able to work due to the COVID-19 I have a lot more time to cook meals for myself and my husband (who's luckily still been able to work. Being a farmer pays off right now.) I'm able to search meals on pinterest and try them out! Even made a few tiktoks (Who am I? Haha. Most of it are of my fur babies and cooking. Follow along if you'd like.) 
Everyday I've been using certain appliances to cook and once I've cut down on my faves, I decided it was time to share them with you guys! 
The first thing I wanted to share with you was this amazing hand painted wooden bowl. There were different colours and patterns but I loved how this had natural colours and then a pop of light blue. We got it about two years ago in Mexico as a souvenir and I've been using it in the kitchen to store a variety of fruit. Oranges and bananas look really nice in the bowl, as well as apples. It has a glossy finish which allows the bowl to get washed. 
Found similar ones on Etsy
Next is the KitchenAid Stand Mixer in the colour Blue Willow, which I am IN-LOVE with! I got it last year as a Christmas gift and it has made my life so easy. If you wait for sales, you can save pretty big on this. Right now, on Wayfair, you can almost save yourself a wopping $150 on the mixer! It's perfect for mixing baking ingredients to make muffins/cookies/cupcakes...etc. One of my favourite things to use the mixer for is Mashed Potatoes. Put the boiled potatoes in, turn it on, while it's mixing get milk and add it gradually. Makes it so fluffy and puree-like. 
Now this microwave is also an oven! I think that's pretty cool! Easily heat up pizza without heating the oven and making the home get too hot, happens a lot in my home and I don't like it. Which is exactly the reason why I use this quite a bit. The microwave in this appliance heats up food really well in a short amount of time. This is something that was already in the house and something we didn't have to purchase but after using it, I would definitely purchase it again and recommend it to family and friends (as well as you guys). 
The last two things that are my favourite in the kitchen are this Keurig 2.0 and an Ember Mug with adjusting temperature which you can do through your phone. I've never liked having a coffee maker with a pot which fills up with coffee and you have to constantly keep it on to keep heating up the coffee. With the Keurig coffee maker, it makes a perfect cup for you, nice and hot and the Ember mug keeps that temperature for hours or however long you need it, or remember, adjust to your perfect temperature. Love them as a combination.  The Keurig 2.0 is around $98CAD, I'll be leaving more styles down below in the Shop This Post. The Ember Mug is around $120 (but definitely worth the investment!)


I hope you enjoyed this blog post and found some of your kitchen favourites or discovered some new ones to try. I would definitely love to hear about what appliances are your favourite, whether it's from this post or your own kitchen! 


Please stay safe, healthy and keep moving on, it will get better. We're all in this together and we'll get through it together.  

SHOP THE POST



XO Tanya