My Destination Wedding: Mexico '20


It-has-been-a-few-couple-of-weeks! 
Last couple of weeks I've been busy with getting ready for my trip down to Mexico where the main celebration was my wedding! I've been waiting for this trip since last January! During the year, the time flies so slow and it feels like you're waiting for years!!! By the time I knew it, there was less than a week left and I couldn't be more excited!





Our resort of choice after many weeks of searching around and watching YouTube videos was Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa. It's located in Riviera Maya and it's a 5-Star Resort. We stayed at Kantenah but this resort also had two other resorts, Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa and Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa. Our resort; Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa was the farthest from the other two resorts, it's surrounded by more jungle and animals which is what I loved and wanted for a vacation spot.




During this trip, we went all out; 
-designer wedding dress from W Bridals in Saskatoon(which believe it or not was less than    $400 but looked so much more expensive!) 
-beach venue including a pergola with white curtains and beach chairs with turquoise 
-a la carte set menu dinner.

The special day started with my photographer, bridesmaids and parents arriving. The bridesmaid helped steam my wedding dress, all three light layers of it! It has a beautiful, bead jewelry on the top half and the bottom is a light chiffon material. It was so light to wear, never got hot throughout the day or heavy on me as I was wearing it for almost 12 hours! The steamer used on my wedding dress was actually purchased off of Amazon and it's a travel size so it fit perfectly into my luggage without taking much space. As my dress got steamed, my hair was getting done into a low bun with one braid running on each side of my head and it looked stunning!


Once everyone got their hair and makeup done, it was time to get dressed and start a mini photoshoot with mom and dad, bridesmaids and the bouquet and me. The veil got put into the bun and we were off to the beach for the ceremony.
The ceremony and the nature surrounding us was so stunning and I took every second to take it all in and keep it in my memory forever. Walking down the isle with my dad to my husband was such a magical moment. The closer I got to my husband, the happier I got and was excited for all to come. I couldn't wait to hold his hands in mine and look into his eyes and just see him smile back at me. 
 Once the ceremony was done, our family and friends congratulated us and we had a glass of champagne before taking pictures with all of our family. (There were a lot of photos and a lot of different combinations of family members to keep track of. Haha. We told everyone to please make sure that if they would like a picture with us, to let us know and make sure they get it and aren't accidently forgotten or skipped. Sometimes these things happen accidently and it's best to find a way to make sure everyone is happy and has a way to remember a moment/celebration.) After the toast, the bridal party went to a few recommended places to take more pictures before continuing onto the supper with all of our guests.




 This was the most magical day ever and I cannot wait for our future together! I'm very grateful for our families and friends coming and sharing this special day with us. The weather was warm and it even rained a little bit but all for good luck. Thank you for taking interest in my special day and hope you really enjoyed this post. 
Have a great evening!