How To Transition From Winter To Spring Interior Decor

Hey guys and happy Sunday! I know it's only February 16th but I'm already craving Spring and all the changes that comes with it, from changing my closet outfits to spring decor. Our weather here in Canada is all over the place! One day it's 3 Degrees Celcius where it feels like spring is around the corner and then the next day comes and it's a whole whopping -25 Degrees Celcius-that's crazy! While I'm waiting for Spring to make it's way to us outside-I thought it might be fun to chat about different/simple ways to transition from winter to spring decor and welcome the season with open arms. Here's a few tips to bring new life to your home and freshen it up for the upcoming spring season!


Time to decorate and freshen up your home! I'm excited, are you?! Eek!

Add Green Plants



I love adding live plants throughout the house, especially in the areas with a lot of natural sunlight. It's also nice to add plants into commonly gathered areas where they can be admired and grow, complimenting the area. My favourite place to add these plants is above the fireplace, at each end of the fireplace mantle. The plants I chose are called Areca Palm, they will grow into a larger plant that later on will be able to be kept on the floor and it's safe for my fur babies. The pots are ceramic and I picked them up at the Willows Greenhouse but I found similar ones from Amazon. There are some plants that are toxic and deadly to them so I make sure to do my research before buying any plants. If you have any pets, you know what I mean, cats like to nibble on anything they can get their paws on (or vampire teeth into, HAHA!)



Add fresh & colorful flowers
Do you ever see those bouquet of flowers at the store? I love those! There's so much potential in them. Use them together in one spot or unwrap them and use a pair of flowers together in several areas. Even better is if the bouquet of flowers are on sale! Grab them, now! Then go home, find any small vases (here are similar ones from Amazon) that you might have and divide the flowers into certain colour palettes. I love when there's pink/green/white, one solid colour, or peach/cream/white colour palettes. The flower arrangement I used in the picture above was from a bouquet that my husband gave to me for Valentine's Day. It's been two weeks after Valentine's Day and the flowers weren't looking so fresh. I picked through the bouquet, found flowers that are still good and found a way to use them in the living room. Why throw flowers away that are still good?

Move furniture around
Once the holidays were over, I wanted to change the layout of the living room, whether it was a small or a big change. Nothing freshens up a space than moving some furniture around and creating a new feel for the space. We have a 3-piece living room set which I love, but there was really had no space to move it so the next option was the fur babies cat house. It's the perfect spot for tall, narrow furniture and it would benefit the fur babies in so many ways. They would be able to look outside, we have a park beside our place which has bunnies hopping through so the girls definitely enjoy sitting by the window and looking out. Also, it's nice that the space in the corner of the living room is being used up and it's not an empty space that's being wasted. 

Other ideas of transitioning from winter to spring is 
-Adding wreaths to the doors
-Adding/changing other window blinds/curtains
-Adding/changing blankets/pillows

Have a fantastic Sunday & happy decorating.